Friday, May 17, 2013

Bicol Express



Although Bicol Express is not native in my homeland, I swear that this food is my number one choice when it comes to highly spiced, smooth dishes even if I hardly ever can eat this. Once I tasted it, I was always craving for it.

Bicol Express as you can observe is a nice and a proper homage. It is a fiery chili, pork and coconut milk stews and usually made of bird’s eye chili or Thai chili, shrimp paste, garlic, onion, pork chunks, and yes of course the coconut milk. It is obvious that this dish is local and traditional in the Bicol region since the place is recognized for its coconuts and amazingly hot chillies.

“Gulay Na may Lada”, who has inspired and was being believed to have evolved into Bicol Express, was also renowned at the present time as one of the various kinds of Bicol Express.

Savor it! And you will always crave the flavor of it!

Please visit our website, one of the best liempo in the Philippines - Mr. Liempo, awarded as best liempo of year 2012. Visit us also in Facebook.