Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pansit




Back when I was just a kid, grandma often cooks these famous pancit for the family during small occasions such as birthdays and parties, so it turned out that I normally like this food. I didn’t know its all-abouts until I reached at the age of nine.

Pancit is one of the stable hand-outs China had contributed to our cookery, thus this is a Chinese term for noodle dishes. This means “something conveniently cooked fast”, certainly why it is also eaten as our merienda.

Maybe you couldn’t also forget yourself indulging the rich noodle chowder with oyster, shrimp, pork pieces, boiled eggs, and vegetables, and of course not forgetting about the toppings of garlic, black pepper, and the native citrus fruit calamansi. What remains fundamentally the same is the satisfying comfort it has given to our generation.

This noodle dish is easy to prepare but careful not to over soak and overcook them. Laugh me or not but I believe that noodles resemble for long existence, fortunate and success.

Please visit our website, one of the best liempo in the Philippines - Mr. Liempo, awarded as best liempo of year 2012. Visit us also in Facebook.